Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Don't poop in the park"


Let's talk potty training.

There are so many different kinds of methods: Pull Ups, 3 Day, 5 Day, and the Nude method just to name a few. There are different techniques for boys and girls. Tricks depending on where in the world you live, what color hair you have (Not really), but my point is really it's what best for you and your child. So kids are potty trained as soon as they walk, some don't start until they are 3, some take just days to get it and some don't get it until they are older.

For us we used the 3 Day training. Dylan was only 26 months when Hubby and I decided it was time. Dylan was either taking his clothes and diaper off or would fight me tooth & nail to change his poopy diaper. We read up on a few techniques and the 3 Day made the most sense to us. It's an Ebook and we recommend everyone reading it to see if it'll work for you.

The family took a trip to Target and picked up a few packs of big boy underwear, super cool glow in the dark, Thomas the Train and Elmo. The next day was Operation Potty Training. That morning we went through a 4-5 pairs of underwear and a ton of Clorox wipes. The evening was better and progressively better every day. (There was one accident where Dylan peed in our coffee table. Oh that was a mess!) Since Feb 26th we have been diaper free! YAY... streamer, confetti canons going off in my head. No Pull Ups, No "Just in case" diapers, we had a mission and I wasn't giving up.

Fast forward to this morning....
Dylan hasn't pooped (Yeah TMI, but hey did you not read the title!) in 2 days. I knew, just call it mommy intuition that we will get to the park and he will have to go potty. Thankfully not only does this park have a fence around it, but it has restrooms. I told Dylan at home he needed to try and go potty. Nope! There just is not reasoning with a 2 year old. I told him at home "Don't poop in the park!" As we arrived I again asked and Dylan said "No potty." Not a minute after his friend pulls up what does he do...... POOP! I shrug my shoulder and off we went to clean up. There's nothing I can do about it. As much as I wish I could control things like this, I just can't. I just carry a few pairs of underwear and shorts in the car. Being prepared is key!

Some days are a success and others are washes! If out of a week there's one or two accidents I think I can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment