Monday, June 8, 2009

How does one learn?

How does one learn to be a SAHM? Is it something that comes naturally? Did you learn from you mom?
Growing up I knew that I would want to be a SAHM just by watching my mom. My mom was great at her "job". Yeah, okay she had her soaps that she watched, but I have my Law & Order. Our house wasn't spotless, but she took care of our house. Dinner was always prepped to be cooked or already cooking by the time my dad got home. She was there to pick us up from school, drive us to soccer practice, playdates, the mall and more. She taught us about chores and if you make a mess then you clean it up. We lived on a farm so there were days that she would be on the tractor in the back, cleaning out the barn, stacking firewood, or whatever else needed to be done. There were days that she was on the computer working on the 4-H newsletter, Green Valleys Elementary newspaper, or working on some sort of database.
Thinking of all the stuff my mom did I realize I don't do half of what she does. I guess I need to get my butt in gear! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment